Follow these tips to make your hardware last longer.
- Always clean your computer regularly. This should involve cleaning all the accessories and peripherals (inc mouse).
- Always turn off your computer and unplug from the socket prior to cleaning.
- Use cleaning solvent that is purposely designed for computers.
- Take your time. If you rush you might displace a vital component or worse.
- Coffee is the deamon when it comes to IT. Keep coffee away from your computer at all costs!!
- Use a handheld vacuum cleaner to suck up all that dust and pet hair.
- Do not use washing up liquid on LCD screens!!
- Make sure that vents on your computer are not clogged up with dust. If these clog up then the system can overheat and crash.
- Try and keep all cables out of the way so that they don’t get damaged.
- Try not to eat while typing. All the crumbs can get into the gaps between the keys and degrade the performance of the keyboard (sticking keys etc).
About the Author
Hi I am Chris the owner of ComTech. I provide IT Support, Laptop repairs and Computer repairs to both personal and business clients in and around Stirling. For a list of what I can offer you why not visit my website www.comtech247.net where you will find my blog, testimonials, services and much more. Start supporting a local business today so I can start supporting you.
If you found this blog useful then why not sign up to my RSS Feed for news, tutorials, views and general techie stuff!!