I had this issue last night. My Blackberry Bold 9780 was slow, unresponsive and generally a pain to use. So today I will show you how I managed to speed up the phone.
For the basis of this tutorial I will assume you are on OS 6. If not the first thing to do is update your phone to OS 6 via Blackberry Desktop Software.
1. Close all Applications that you are not using. When you close an application it still runs by default in the background. To fully close it down do the following:
- Press and hold the Blackberry Option key
- Click the application to open it again
- Click the Blackberry Option key and select close
2. Turn on automatic memory cleaning. When this is enabled your phone will clear the following when the screen dims – address book cache, certificate search etc
- Navigate to options – security – advanced security settings – memory cleaning and enable memory cleaning
3.Clear the event log. By default your phone will store all the ‘events’ – basically anything your phone does. To view and delete the log do the following:
- Hold down the ALT key while typing lglg (lowercase)
- Click on the Blackberry Option key and select clear log
And that is it. Once your phone is restarted you should notice the difference.
About the Author
Hi I am Chris the owner of ComTech. I provide IT Support, Laptop repairs and Computer repairs to both personal and business clients in and around Stirling. For a list of what I can offer you why not visit my website www.comtech247.net where you will find my blog, testimonials, services and much more. Start supporting a local business today so I can start supporting you.
If you found this blog useful then why not sign up to my RSS Feed for news, tutorials, views and general techie stuff!!